User login

Weekly Report for week ending 23 March 2012




Spent most of last week writing my proposal which you can either find here:
or attached to this post. I managed to find quite a few documents commenting on the lack of scalability of RRD Tool and one from the original designer stating it's actual use case which was pretty helpful.

I did also get some time last week to learn how RRDs work (with some help from Brendon). I can now use python to pull apart RRDs. Sadly the documentation around pulling raw data out of RRDs is somewhat scarce so I'm having to work it out a lot as I go. Hopefully by next week I will have a nice script to pull values from Smokeping RRDs.

520Proposal.pdf197.22 KB