User login

Weekly Report -- 6/07/2012

09

Jul

2012

My time this week was split between more metadata support and starting on SCTP support. On the metadata side, I made strides towards the write-metadata instruction from OF1.1 atop Ben's Open vSwitch branch, but stopped short of getting it review-ready, as there was still a bit of instability in that branch. The code got pushed upstream at the end of the week, so I'll look at tidying up write-metadata this week.

On the SCTP side, I started reading some material on how SCTP works, and made some basic adjustments to the code -- finding references to UDP/TCP and adding clauses for SCTP support. Spoke to Brendan about an emulation network machine that I could use to tinker on/test the SCTP stuff, and prepared the machine.