User login

Weekly Report

13

Jan

2012

Brendon had a larger set of alias data, so I had a go at using that, which took me a lot of effort that I still cant fully explain, and involved producing a graph which had a single node connected to over a third of all nodes on the graph. We couldnt rule that out as a possibility entirely, so that involved a lot of investigation. Eventually I got to the point where I could no longer reproduce the bug, so, I guess I fixed it..

Anyway, that led to trying to make the programme select aliases more intelligently, as opposed to picking them entirely arbitrarily. I made it so it picks an arbitrary address from the network that more of its addresses are part of than any other, or arbitrarily if there is a tie, with a special case for Reannz which gives it priority over other networks.

This required a reasonably major change of how the programme worked. which, on the plus side should mean I can fix the memory leak from last week much more easily, though I havent done that yet (actually I got rid of all of the memory leak removal stuff to get this to work, and will put that back next week).

Then I produced graphs with the data, and asked Shane how he found the idea of using the second graph to index the first. He suggested that on the network graph to size nodes based on the size of the networks, so I wrote a programme to resize the nodes in python. However gephi seems to be rescaling the node sizing when it produces the images, so whatever you do you end up with significant differences in the size of nodes.

AttachmentSize
alsort.pdf668.66 KB
alsortgrouped.pdf28.91 KB
alsortgroupedexp.pdf30.94 KB