User login

Weekly Report - 15 September 2017

20

Sep

2017

This week I finished of modifying the BGP performance testing tool. I ran the test several times with various prefix sizes on Quagga, BIRD and the disaggregator to gather stats and compare performance. The tool samples CPU usage, memory consumption, prefixes processed and time. After cleaning up and processing the results I then looked at ways to improve performance. I focused on memory and CPU profiling the code to see where the bottlenecks are and where we can improve.

Memory usage seems to be quite high due to the prefix and route entry objects, which we have a lot of. After looking into potential solutions I found that there are no ways this can be reduced in python. I then started looking at implementing the prefix module in C and replacing the existing Python-based implementation to reduce memory usage and improve performance.