User login

Weekly Report -- 13/07/2012

16

Jul

2012

Continued playing around with manual event classification. Adding sub-categories does seem to have helped somewhat, although there is no immediately obvious distinction between, say, spike events and volume changes. However, in the process I did manage to find a cluster of false positives that can easily be identified and correctly classified.

Brendon, Brad and I spent some time looking into NDT, the measurement software used by REANNZ's New Zealand Broadband Test which went live last week. Running NZBT on red cables didn't give particularly accurate or reliable results so we ran a few tests in the lab to see if NDT gave appropriate results in perfect conditions. Eventually managed to get reliable results, but only after setting up NDT on a physical (rather than virtual) machine. However, I remain unconvinced as to NDT's suitability for this kind of project.

Groups: