User login

Steffan Safey's blog

15

Feb

2013

A lot of time was spent preparing for the presentation next week, writing a
report and getting a demo program sorted. SD card reading/writing is
working well now, also. In the process of tidying up my code a bit more too.

01

Feb

2013

This week was spent modifying Arduino RF22 code and integrating it into
Contiki. Transmitting packets of more than five characters was the hardest
to work in because interrupts would disable for an unknown reason after
sending five bytes. Now you can now send and receive packets of up to the
maximum size of 255 bytes between two WOSP nodes.

25

Jan

2013

Investigated and tested event timers, interrupts, multiple processes,
multithreading and blocking in contiki. Got hardware buttons functioning
properly. UART serial comms are now working 100% with interrupts working
properly for recieving data.

18

Jan

2013

This week has been spent porting Contiki to the WOSPr2 board.
I finally found a method of debugging code run on the microprocessor in
Windows, allowing tracing through disassembly of C code which was a huge
help in getting the initial port working.
As of today a single process will run, and UART drivers for serial
communication are working correctly.

23

Nov

2012

Managed to get .class.c files to compile into .class.o at the start of the
wek. Spent a while trying to figure out how to communicate with the MSP430
over JTAG in linux, although i could only find programs that use parallel
and serial ports to transfer data rather than USB.
The decision was then made to switch from using linux to a windows machine,
this allowed us to use TI's Code Composer Studio; an IDE used to debug TI
embedded processors. This simplified the process of debugging and the
toolchain for compiling is automated.
In the last few days I worked on getting interrupt-driven serial
communication working so that the node could send data to a connected
computer. As of the end of the week it can send/recieve strings without
polling. Also managed to upload a hydra.elf to a node.

16

Nov

2012

This week has been spent on exploring for documentation on how the MSP430
toolchain works for building programs that can be uploaded to a ScatterWeb
node. Basic C programs are working now, and hopefully java will be working
next week. I have finally managed to build hydra so that should help. Also
researching how to upload a .elf file through the JTAG interface to a
scatterweb module.